- "Rize of the Fenix" (4:23)
- "Low Hangin' Fruit" (3:22)
- "Kielbasa" (3:06)
- "Friendship" (2:17)
- "Throw Down" (3:12)
- "39" (3:33)
- "The Metal" (3:05)
- "Roadie" (3:26)
- "Wonderboy" (4:00)
- "Tribute" (4:50)
- "Fuck Her Gently" (3:22)
The band released their third studio album Rize of the Fenix in 2012, and would subsequently perform the Rize of the Fenix Tour in that year. One of the dates of the tour announced was the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Jefferson County, Colorado. This is a venue which the band have stated in interviews as being their favourite, and had previously performed there in 2001. After the tour, the band played a run of large shows in Europe in 2013.
Black and Gass had mentioned in interviews whilst touring in 2012 and 2013 that they had been recording their shows. However, they did not state at the time whether this was for reviewing purposes, or whether the recordings would be complied into a release. The songs featured on the album appear on all three Tenacious D studio albums, Tenacious D, The Pick of Destiny and Rize of the Fenix.
The recordings on the album take place in three countries. The songs "39" and "Wonderboy" were recorded on the 26th of July 2012 in Colorado. The remainder of recordings are taken from Tap 1 in Copenhagen, Denmark on August 12th 2013, and the Zitadelle in Berlin, Germany on the August 13th 2013.
- Jack Black - Lead vocals, guitar
- Kyle Gass - Guitar, backing vocals
- John Konesky - Electric guitar
- John Spiker - Bass guitar, backing vocals
- Brooks Wackerman - Drums (Red Rocks recordings)
- Scott Seiver - Drums (Denmark and German recordings)
- "Rize of the Fenix" - John Kimbrough
- "The Metal" - John King, Konesky
The album was released on November 27, 2015, exclusively on vinyl. A card for vinyl purchasers to download a digital version of the album was included. The vinyl was released exclusively for Record Store Day, an annual day where artists release vinyl in limited quantities to help local record stores. According to the Record Store Day website, the release is limited to only 2,000 pressings worldwide. The band had previously released for Record Store Day in 2012 with "Jazz".
The album was released for digital platforms on <time>January 15 2016.</time>
- The band previously released a couple of live songs on the Wonderboy singles in 2002, as well as on some compilation releases that they feature on.